Spell checking with Hunspell in VS Code
- Install Hunspell and the appropriate dictionaries through your package manager. On Ubuntu the packages are called
hunspell-<ISO language code>.
- Install the Spell Right extension for VS Code.
- Create a symlink for the system dictionaries in the VS Code configuration directory:
ln -s /usr/share/hunspell ~/.config/Code/Dictionaries.
- Hunspell spell checker
- Spell Right on the VS Code Marketplace
- Spell Right on Github with more configuration instructions and troubleshooting.
Anything to add? Let's talk @kgoutsos. Share this page on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or use the permalink.